Access Staff Email
a

Talk to Us

Facebook

Twitter

Staff Email
 

News

The Judiciary > News (Page 60)

Eldoret Law Courts emerge best stand in cohesion

The Eldoret Law Courts emerged the best stand that promote National Cohesion and Intergration Development. nnThe court was part of the participants that were exhibiting in this years Ask show in Eldoret. nThe show kicked off in earnest with Eldoret law courts showcasing court services at its Stand at Eldoret National Show Grounds. The exhibiting team is led by Presiding Judge Hellen Omondi.nParticipation by the Eldoret Law Courts is in line with its theme ‘Taking justice to the people.’  Judicial officers and staff engaged members of public explaining the role of the Judiciary in the dispensation of justice. The public was also...

Continue reading

Here is the Judiciary’s Solution to Case Backlog

Here is the Judiciary’s Solution to Case Backlog. By Anne AmadinnAs part of the Judiciary Transformation process for speedier and more efficient service delivery, Kenya’s Judiciary has put in place measures to effectively deal with the age-old problem of never-ending case backlogs in the courts.nnAmong these measures include recruitment of more Judicial Officers and Staff, building and refurbishment of more courts, adoption of modern management practices including but not limited to leveraging ICT (information communication technology) in case management and processes.nnThe Judiciary has also carried out special initiatives such as themed Service Weeks where categorized cases are heard and concluded within...

Continue reading

Judiciary to allocate more funds to courts

NEWS RELEASE. MONDAY, March 04, 2019. Court stations are set to receive a bigger allocation of financial resources beginning next financial year to enhance administration of justice.nSpeaking today at the annual Heads of Stations forum in Mombasa, Chief Registrar of the Judiciary (CRJ) Anne Amadi said the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) passed a resolution to increase by 11 per cent the allocation for court stations, a move that will now see stations get 81 per cent of the total Judiciary budget allocation, leaving the headquarters with 19 per cent.nThe Chief Registrar revealed that last week’s negotiations with the Justice and Legal Affairs...

Continue reading

Mediation registry launched in Eldoret

The Judiciary has set up a Court Annexed Mediation(CAM) Registry in the Eldoret Law Court to handle mediation cases.nnSpeaking when he officially launched the CAM registry, the Chair of the Mediation Taskforce, Justice Fred Ochieng said that Mediation was one of the mechanisms the Judiciary had adapted to clear case backlog.nnHe noted that Eldoret was one of the stations with high case backlog and that the introduction of mediation will help speed up clearance of civil cases.nn nnThe Uasin Gishu County Governor, Jackson Mandago welcomed the mediation program saying his government will directly benefit from mediation. “My County is a direct...

Continue reading

Family division kicks off communication campaign on succession

The Milimani Law Courts Family Division in partnership with KELIN - Kenya Legal and Ethical Issues on HIV/AIDS - launched information education and communication materials on succession matters at the Milimani Law Courts.nnThe event was graced by chief guest Hon. Lady Justice Lydia Achode (Principal Judge) who launched the booklets alongside KELIN Board Secretary Otiende Amollo, Hon Mr. Justice Aggrey Muchelule (Presiding Judge, Family Division) with representatives from the Judicial Service Commission and the Office of the Public Trustee who were also present.nnHon. Lady Justice emphasized the importance of translation of succession information booklets into local languages for easier comprehension...

Continue reading

Court Annexed Mediation now operational in Eldoret

The Judiciary has now implemented Court Annexed Mediation (CAM) in the Eldoret Law Courts as an alternative dispute resolution mechanism.nn nnDuring a courtesy call on the Uasin Gishu County Governor, Jackson Mandago, the Medition team led by the Chair of the Mediation Taskforce, Justice Fred Ochieng noted that positive results had been achieved through mediation since it was launched in 2016.nn nn“We have witnessed tremendous results of mediation, already over 750 cases have been resolved through mediation and  about KSh 4 billion released back to the economy.”nn nnFollowing the successful implementation of mediation in Nairobi, the Judiciary has began to roll out the...

Continue reading
Skip to content